How do I register?
- You can register right here on mudimmortal.com. Just scroll up a bit and click Register. This will open a new window for you where you choose to register as an individual, join a team or create a team.
Registration did not display. What can I do?
Do I have to sign a waiver to participate?
- Yes. When you register, you have to agree to our waiver to attend and participate in Mud Immortal. We will e-mail you a copy of the waiver prior to September 21. Just print, sign and give it to us when you arrive. You can also view the waiver here.
Can I register by phone or mail?
- No. If you are reading this, you are already on our website. It's safe, it's easy … you can do it!
Can I switch to a different start time?
- No. Once you purchase a specific start time, it cannot be changed. So make sure you register the same time as your friends to ensure there is enough space available for you and all your friends to participate together.
Is there a registration deadline?
- Our pre-sale is on until June 7th so we encourage you to purchase during that time to save some cash. However, you can register until September 14th, 2013.
Where is my registration confirmation?
- Once you register, you'll be e-mailed a registration confirmation. Didn't get it? Or did you lose it? Click here to search for yourself to get it re-sent.
Is there team registration?
- Yes, when you register you have the option to create a team, or join an existing team. We encourage you to register your entire team at one time to ensure that space is available for the desired start time. However, if a friend is registering later, just make sure they know your team name to select it when they are registering.
What's the point of a team?
- You're going to need someone to pick you out of the mud! Kidding, kind of. Everything is more fun when you do it with a team of friends or co-workers. Plus, if you team has more than 7 people, you'll receive a discount and a custom Mud Immortal t-shirt with your team name.
How many people can be on a team?
- There is no maximum number and as little as 2 people can be on a team. Again, we encourage you to register your entire team at one time to ensure there is space for everyone at the desired start time.
How do I register a team with more than 7 people?
- E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will generate a unique discount code for you. If you have between 7-14 teammates, you'll receive an additional 5%. More than 15 teammates receive a 10% discount. This discount is in-addition to the 25% pre-sale discount.
What's included with my registration?
- - Bragging rights to your friends who stayed home.
- - A free beer waiting for you at the finish line.
- - Mud Immortal t-shirt.
- - Custom Mud Immortal Award.
- - Access to the Immortal Kitchen Party with beer, BBQ & live entertainment.
- - Free high-resolution digital event picture of you.
- - Free electronic fitness guide helping you prepare for the event.
- - Free outdoor popup fitness classes all throughout the summer.
- - A chance to win prizes every week leading up to the event.
Is there an age limit?
Yes, in order to participate, you must be 15 years or older on the event day. Anyone under 18 years will require parents consent upon registration.
When will the free outdoor fitness classes be?
We are going to this a few times per month on a Saturday or Sunday throughout the summer, weather permitting. Make sure to join our Facebook (www.fb.me/mudimmortal) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/mudimmortal) pages to hear when we announce dates.
How do I qualify for the free prizes?
We are giving away some really great prizes every week. Once you register for Mud Immortal, you will automatically qualify for the prizes. We will notify you by e-mail or phone.
Refunds / Transfers
Do you offer refunds?
- No, we do not offer refunds.
Can I transfer my registration?
- Yes. We encourage you to do-so prior to September 1st. After that, we can't guarantee that the new participant will receive the proper size t-shirt. To transfer a registration, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Transportation / Parking
Is there parking available on-site?
- Yes. There is parking available inside Butter Pot Park at a cost of $5. This is to be paid upon arrival.
Is any transportation available?
- Yes. We will have bus shuttles going from St. John's to Butter Pot Park all day long. Times and pick-up locations will be set in the coming weeks.
When should I arrive on race day?
- We require participants to arrive at least one hour prior to your start time.
What should I wear?
- If you need to ask what to wear to a 5km muddy trek through Butter Pot Park, maybe you should be wearing your Mommys nighty.
- No, do not wear your Mommys nighty. Wear running or hiking sneakers with tighter fitting clothing, unless you are wearing a costume.
When is packet pick up?
- Packet pickup will be available on-site prior to your start time. Ensure to have your photo ID and signed waiver with you.
Where do I pick up my race packet?
- Look for the registration tent. You won't be able to miss it.
Where there by medical support onsite?
- Yes, we will have medical support on-site.
Can I wear a costume?
- Yes! We have prizes for the best costume and the best neon costume.
What happens if the weather is bad?
- Bad weather equals more mud! This event is going ahead, rain or shine.
Are there awards?
- Yes, we have prizes for the best time for Male and Female. We also have prizes for:
- Best costume
- Best neon costume
- Largest team
What to Bring
What do I need to bring on race day?
- A valid photo ID. You will not be permitted to participate without it.
- A signed copy of the waiver. We will e-mail it to you prior to the event. You can also view it here.
- A change of clothes.
- Cash. First beer is on us, but you'll need cash to purchase additional beverages, food and products from some of our vendors.
Can I bring spectators with me?
Can I bring my children?
Can I bring my pets?
- Sorry crazy cat lady, no cats aloud! Stop laughing dog lovers, no dogs either! We need to make sure it's just mud that everyone is jumping in.
Do you have bag check onsite?
- Yes we have a bag check for smaller items. We encourage you to keep your spare clothing and larger bags in your vehicle.
Course & Obstacles
Will there be water stations along the course?
- Yes, we will have at least 2 water stations located throughout the course.
How many obstacles will there be?
- There will be between 8-10 obstacles on the course. That doesn't count running through streams, going through the forest or climbing hills.
Do you provide course maps?
What will the obstacles be?
- We want to surprise you. However, our course is designed to be challenging for people of all fitness levels. Our harder obstacles will feature an easier alternative. Speaking broadly, the race will feature things like uphill tire jumping, crawling through mud under cargo nets, monkey bars above mud (harder obstacle), balance beams, muddy tunnels, fire poles, crawling on cargo nets and a lot more.
What obstacles will there NOT be:
- You will not see anything involving swimming, ice water, electric shock or carrying items.
What happens if I can't complete an obstacle?
- Mud Immortal is as challenging as you want it to be. On our tougher obstacles, we will also have an easier alternative. If you cannot complete an obstacle, you have to wait on the sidelines for 2 minutes before continuing. If you can walk, run or jog 5km, then you can complete Mud Immortal!
Can someone help me with an obstacle?
- We encourage all participants to help each other throughout the course. This is a challenge, not a race.
Is it timed?
- Yes, you will get a racing chip in your packet when you arrive. It's simple to hook on and will track your start – finish times. Results will be posted within a day or two on mudimmortal.com
How long will it take to complete the course?
Average time to complete the race will be about 55 minutes. Elite athletes average time will be around 35 minutes.
Does everyone start at the same time?
No way! Every half hour throughout the day, we will start a new waves of participants. You'll be able to pick your start time when you register, but early spots will fill up fast so don't procrastinate. If you want to run with a friend or team, just make sure that you pick the same start time upon registration.
How physically fit do I have to be for Mud Immortal?
Our participants come in all shapes & sizes. Some will be elite athletes & others won't be. Mud Immortal is designed to be challenging for the beginner to the advanced athlete. Think of it as a challenge for you to finish, not a race against others.
How do I train for Mud Immortal?
You can't *evil laugh*!! Maybe try anything relating to functional fitness. We will be releasing regular fitness tips and holding free outdoor fitness classes throughout the summer.
What is there to do at the Immortal Kitchen Party?
- We will have a DJ performing live all day starting at 8am. At 3pm, we will also have live music and we will be handing out awards. There will be beverages, food vendors and some companies will be setup selling and promoting products.
Will there be music?
- All day, until 6pm. We promise, no Bieber!
Will there be food?
Will there be food and beverages?
Will there be beer?
Can I bring outside food and beverages with me?
- No. Why would you want to tease everyone else with your fancy food and drinks anyways? That's just mean!
Where can I download my free high resolution images?
- Right here on mudimmortal.com.
When will the picture be available for download?
- 2-3 days after the event.
Where can I find the results?
- Right here on mudimmortal.com. They will be posted within 24 hours of the event.
How can I volunteer?
- We definitely will need volunteers. Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you our Volunteer Package.
How old do I have to be to volunteer?
- You must be 18 or older on race day to volunteer.
What do I get as a volunteer?
- Custom volunteer t-shirt
- Beverages and snacks
- A free beer (if you are legal drinking age). Available after your shift.
- Free parking.
- 50% off Mud Immortal 2014.
Are you involved with a charity?
- Yes, we are working with the Alzheimers Society of NL to provide a portion of sales and to build awareness of Alzheimers within Newfoundland and Labrador.